Wednesday 29 October 2014

Yet more marines...

Another fairly brief update, as I'm off on holiday at the end of the week, so I'm glad I've finally got these finished before I go, they seem to have been on the painting desk for ever!





It's yet another squad of Space Marines for my Horus Heresy Death Guard army, scouts this time. I seem to recall reading somewhere that scouts were basically marine prospects, so I've not weathered these new recruits as heavily as the main Power Armoured marines I've been doing. The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed a standard RT Marine in there as a squad leader. This is mainly as I only had 9 scout models, and eBay prices for individual figures are starting to get ridiculous. If anyone has one going spare (ideally with a bolter), give me a shout.

Anyway, here's a couple of close-ups, showing my (as usual) mediocre paint jobs...




Cheers all, I'm now off to Mexico to sit on a beach, read books, and explore Mayan ruins for a fortnight. Hopefully it'll get me a bit more of my painting mojo back, as these have taken me about six months to paint! 

3 comments:

  1. They look great mate!
    We really need to meet up so my Rogue Trader Salamanders can take on your death guard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the break, post a pic or two of the ruins please buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very nice! Those scouts had a lot of character - I particularly like the shuriken catapult fella lurking at the back :)

    ReplyDelete