Wednesday 28 October 2015

Nothing much to report at the moment, so have some Halflings!

So here's something a little older that I've only just got around to photographing. Ladies and gentlefolk, I give you 'Lil Bandit', the pride of my Halfling ally contingent's Mechanised Infantry, or at least it's the current pride, until the Landship 'Admiral Battenberg' is finally launched (that's been sat on my workbench for several years now!)


More after the cut...



It's actually a fairly major conversion, based on the old metal Empire Steam Tank, with a lot of adaptation. The crew are from the Halfling Hot Pot catapult, converted to have muskets in two cases. 


In my personal iteration of the Warhammer Old World, I've decided to make Halflings more technically adept tinkerers than in the official canon. All of the steam powered vehicles in my Empire army are going to be crewed by Halflings, as part of a ally contingent, rather than the usual Dwarven ones. No idea why, I just like Halflings, they're fun little models, and usually they're useless in WFB. Not any more! 


Anyway, there you go, this has been sat on a shelf for several years now, I really must get on with the rest of the Halflings I've got, there's an army's worth sat in the drawer, as well as another two unconverted Steam Tanks, and the aforementioned unfinished Forge World Landship.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This is pure genius! I love this beauty! Quite inspired, I must say :)

    ReplyDelete