Sunday 26 June 2016

Crashed 'Rover' Class Cargo Lugger update..


Just a minor progress update today, As I decided I'd get the airbrush and compressor out of storage and give 'em a go again, for about the first time in 8 years.

Paint was chosen for me, as it was about the only one of my Vallejo paints that hadn't run out/dried up. I've since re-ordered a bunch of Vallejo Model Air paints, but thought yellow was a good way to go anyway:



A few more photos after the cut...


I've tried to make it look like it was shot up and damaged as it came in to crash land. The next large jobs are weathering, rust etc, which will take a while, as there's a *lot* to do on it! 

Side View:


Close up of damaged wing:

Close up of the front, with a Pilot, miraculously emerging from the wreckage:

I've since decided that this won't be the largest ship in the 'fleet', as I've just finished an even larger cargo ship that I'll hopefully reveal shortly...

On a less cheerful note, I'm going to the funeral tomorrow of the guy who painted the backdrop that you see here, and that I use in most of my shots, who sadly died in an accident a couple of weeks ago.

RIP Jim, you'll be missed.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend, that backdrop he did is beautiful.

    As for your wreck, it's starting to really shape up now your painting it.

    As for a larger ship, damn isn't this big enough? Will it fit on a gaming table?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete