Saturday 12 November 2016

René's Bombardiers - Halfing Army update!

So, I got bored (already!) with painting '68 pattern DPM at 28mm scale, so moved on briefly to paint up a unit of Halflings for my ongoing army.

I'd like you to meet René's Bombardiers...


More after the cut...
René M'Gritten, Lead Smith at the famed Einsamholz School of Engineering leads this small unit of arquebusiers whenever an army is raised to defend the Moot.

The unit motto, "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" came about after a particularly unfortunate (and now heavily deceased) Bretonnian Duke mistook their lit fuses for them sitting around smoking heavily in the distance, rather than preparing to perforate him and his entire command tent. 



The models themselves are from the wonderful Westfalia Fantasy Battles Miniatures Halfling Kickstarter, and sculpted by Mike Anderson. They painted up a treat in a single evening and I'm really happy with them.

I've now just got another hundred or so of these to go, then another three hundred-odd GW and ShortWars Halflings to paint!

9 comments:

  1. These look great, very nice work on the blue highlighting. Gives them a subdued look. Wouldn't mess with these hobbitses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very nice. I also like the buildings a lot. Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!! but why would anyone ever need 400 halflings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many Halflings!

      It has always been my intention to have a Halfling Grand Armeé to defend the Moot against all aggressors. I really must get on with painting them all!

      Delete
    2. I suppose it is like that line from Rollerball "A lot of little guys adds up to one big guy!"

      Delete
  4. Oh my, they are very lovely. Excellent paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Love these doughty fellows, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete