Thursday 12 October 2017

A short interlude and a 'Sleazy Chopper'...

Not had much going on in the wargaming world recently, as I'm currently engaging in a lot of real-world building work to get my long-sought after garage and workshop built before winter sets in, but have a random ork on a bike!


More after the cut...




Having said that, one of the Facebook groups I'm a part of has a regular 'Orktober' competition to get everyone painting up a greenskin or three, and as I'm an admin there I felt I had to take part! Now, I have to admit here that I'm not the biggest fan of space orks. I liked them when they first came out with the Space Ork Raiders box set and were just orks in space, but then Ansell and Stillman got involved, writing the 'Waaargh the Orks' books, and they just got turned into a piss-awful comedy act in space, with names like 'Fartwobble Pisswanger' and other juvenile toss, and I've hated them from then on.

So, luckily I found an old pre-crappy era LE24 'Sleazy Rider' model in the leadpile, and thought I'd finally paint it up. Ever one to hack up old lead, I decided I couldn't leave it standard, especially seeing as the garage/workshop is being built for my other hobby/business which is restoring and customising actual motorbikes. Here's a pic of the original LE24:

As you can probably see, his bike is based on the old Judge Dredd Lawmaster with a different front end. I decided to turn it into more of a warbike, using one of the old limited release bike bodies, as well as rake out the front end, along with some longer forks, giving this monstrosity:


It was a fairly straightforward paintjob for the rider and bike, with some flame effect on the tank and ends of the guns, along with a Vyvyan from 'The Young Ones' 'Very Metal' logo on his jacket. Here's a few more angles:





So, there you go, enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Sweet stuff! I never knew that the Sleazy Rider miniature existed prior to seeing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually a fantasy model as it predates 40k. they turn up on eBay fairly regularly, think it cost about £10 or so, so not expensive in the great scheme of things!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! The conversion is so cool! I love how it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Young Ones reference. And the paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Always love seeing old school models like these see the light of day again. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great conversion! Never picked up on the bike borrowing elements from Dredd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete