Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 Round up.

Or, in other words, 'Where the hell did the last two months go?'

Looking back at my photos, this is the last thing I painted, all the way back in October:


 I did him partially as part of 'Orktober', but mainly as I found him when I was looking for bits for the 'Sleazy Chopper' conversion, and couldn't resist. It's a lovely little model.

Anyway, if you're interested in what else I've been up to, there's more after the break...




As I've mentioned in previous posts, wargaming has taken a bit of a back seat in the last few months as I've been working on building a workshop. I'm pleased to report it's all almost finished now:

The insulation is now in, as is all the shelving, proper lighting and a bench along the back. There will hopefully be a small portion put aside for resin casting some scenery, but more about that next year...

The Garage is also finished, so in the new year I'll finally be able to start work properly on all the vehicles I've hoarded over the last decade or so:


Unfortunately, as the workshop got finished, my wargames room has got less and less tidy:


The door is somewhere over to the back left, behind the crates you have to climb over to get in/out! As you can see, although I've not bought much in the way of toys this year (due to having no income!) I did treat myself to the new Necromunda box set. I'm looking forward to painting up the models in the new year with a view to taking part in a small campaign, as although I've painted a surprising number of models, I don't think I've managed to get a single game in this year, which is shocking!

On the subject of what I've got done this year, I think I'll leave you with a few photos of projects I'm vaguely pleased with.

Firstly there's my 3rd Ed. Undead army, complete with 100-strong Nightmare Legion:


Secondly, the Jamakeer Guard, which I *will* get finished this coming year:



And finally, my Genestealer Cult Force:


Looking back, I'm actually surprised at just how much I got painted in the ten months before I got distracted by real life. I've just checked and I painted a grand total of 382 models and 17 vehicles. Hopefully next year will be as productive!

Anyway, hope you all had a great xmas, and hope you have a fantastic new year!

5 comments:

  1. That 100 strong unit is remarkable! The best part of 400 models is quite an achievement, I really enjoyed reading about the progress you made last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty impressive totals, especially when placed next to major remodelling projects as well. Those things tend to destroy hobby productivity.

    How did you make windows for the marx future car/cult limousine. I've managed to secure a few and having windows would be better than not....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The windows are just very thin plasticard that I superglued in place.

      Delete
  3. Looking good mate! That is an impressive Tally for 2017; I’m looking forward to seeing what you do in 2018

    ReplyDelete
  4. For ten months that's really quite good indeed. And the workshop will be lovely, no doubt. And hopefully the garage won't cut into your wargaming time too much, though I surely know the trouble of competing hobbies. Well done!

    ReplyDelete