Friday 16 February 2018

The Rogue Trader Bestiary Part 6: The Grox

So, the next update in my Rogue Trader Bestiary project is the Grox. A perennial favourite for use by vindictive GM's as random hazards in RT games, here you can see our permanently terrified guardsman being chased by an enraged specimen of the species:


More pics after the cut...




So, firstly, here's what the book has to say about them:


And the related image for them: 


As you can see, the model matches the artwork quite well. It's actually a 'Bullok' from Krakon Games, part of their rather nice little 'Frills & Fauna' range of Sci-Fi animals and plants.

Anyway, here's a few more shots of him:






He's a fairly straightforward paint job, mainly greens with bone plates along the spine, but it came out alright. It's also probably the fastest painted miniature I've ever bought, I picked him up on Sunday, and had him painted by Wednesday! The next question is whether to buy another half dozen to make up a herd!

Enjoy!

Links to the Bestiary So Far: 

  • Astral Hound
  • Astral Spectre
  • Enslaver
  • Psychneuein
  • Vampires
  • Warp Entity
  • Zombie
  • Ambull
  • Bouncers
  • Carnivorous Sand Clam
  • Catachan Devil
  • Catachan Face Eater
  • Crawlers
  • Crotalid
  • Cthellean Cudbear
  • Dinosaur
  • Ferro-Beast
  • Genestealer
  • Giant Insectoid
  • Giant Spider
  • Grox
  • Gyrinx
  • Horse
  • Lashworm
  • Mimic
  • Ptera-Squirrel
  • Razorwing
  • Rippy-Fish
  • Swarm
  • Sunworm






5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. You need a dozen indeed, there is no question! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. For a moment I thought he was a conversion of an old Cold One. He looks great and I may now be ordering some stuff from Krakon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent mate - I really must paint mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really splendid painting, Evo -- congrats. I love the gradations on the scales.
    I think I dated a Grox once. After a few nights out, I also looked like that guardsman.

    ReplyDelete