Saturday 10 November 2018

Wow, where'd the year go? (And a big-ass Daemon!)

So, just checked and apparently I've not posted since April. I've no idea how that happened, life sort of got in the way!

I've been pottering along with painting in the background, so I'll try to catch up with what I've painted over the next few weeks, but first, here's a horror-themed competition entry I did for a Facebook group:



More after the break...



It's a *very* old Heresy Netherlord model I've had sat in a drawer since I bought it about 15 years ago, battling some very unfortunate Ultramarines. I call it 'The Netherbastard Vs The Space Smurfs'.

The model itself is metal, was in many, many parts and very heavy. Because it's balancing on one leg, I've had to pin it with a 3mm metal rod up it's leg as far as I could risk drilling, then down through the rhino and into the base. I'm hoping it'll hold up.

Anyway, here's a few more photos of it...











I'll be honest, I'm not the best when it comes to painting large monsters, but I quite like the movement on the model.

Hopefully it won't be another 6 months before the next update!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back...wow, that is a big-ass daemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the blood effects on the sworded victim. Take that SPACESMURFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very dynamic model alright. Good work all round on the painting and modelling. I don't fancy the second marine's chances much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The composition is impressive indeed, so there's no better way to be back!

    ReplyDelete