Tuesday 4 December 2018

Introducing 'Shortround', Port Imperiale's premier Nightclub owner...

So, after doing another pointlessly large, tightly themed build recently, I thought I'd paint up a few smaller single figures to relax a bit, and this is one of them. Any port would have plenty of bars and nightclubs, so this is Shortround, a Ratling Impresario!

 

More pics and background after the cut...


So, a few years ago a studio friend, who knows my love of all things Halfling, gifted me this unreleased Halfling Pimp sculpted by Juan Diaz. He's a lovely, characterful figure, but really doesn't fit into my halfling army at all, so he's sat on the shelf for a while now. As he was a gift, I'm not going to sell him (even though he fetches a pretty penny on eBay!), so I decided to do a mild bit of conversion work on him and use him as one of the townsfolk for Port Imperiale. 

How did I 40k-ify hi, I hear you ask? Well, just have a look behind him...


It's a fairly simple conversion, and entirely reversible, as I didn't cut into the model at all. I'm also loving these new Necromunda weapons, they've got a good, chunky Rogue Trader vibe to them. 

Anyway, here's a few more photos of him: 








I'm fairly happy with how he turned out, I'm not particularly good at either animal fur or flesh tones, but he's passable. What I need to find now are some sexy female robots/aliens to have as his dancing girls, and then possibly build the actual nightclub as a building for the Port.

Currently the only bar in town is Lucky's, and that's fairly packed with his old comrades, so there really needs to be another bar! 


2 comments:

  1. I think you'll want to check out armorcast. They have robot townies which might fit your need for a hookerbot and a pole dancing femme bot.

    Very cool fig. I have run through most of my necromunda weapon bits over the years. I really ought to have stockpiled more....alas. I'm digging how the animal print is on the feet as well. Slippers.....or does he dye his hairy feet that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the Armorcast link, I didn't know about those, they're great!

      Also, pretty certain he's wearing slippers, I didn't spot any toes when I painted him, but I'm going to have to check now!

      Delete