Saturday 27 February 2021

Citadel DS9 Dwarf Dragon Slayer

 Long time no see, all! Sorry about the lack of updates, but I've not done much recently due to real life rearing it's ugly head and getting in the way. 

Anyway, I'm back now, and here's another little vignette piece I've done recently. This time it's the best of both worlds, a Perry dwarf with a Nick Bibby dragon head! 


This is a wonderful little set and so much fun to paint. There's a bunch more photos after the cut...



So, this guy was a little semi-limited set that came out in 1987 for the grand total of £1.50! 

I've posed him slightly differently, as I liked the side of the dragon's head that had the eye open, as you can see.

The 'blood drip' on the axe is an old-school trick, it's actually an eyelash(!) glued to the bottom of the axe, with some extra superglue on it that pools at the bottom of the lash, looking like a fairly realistic 'drip' effect.  

Anyway, here's a few more shots: 











As you can see, I had a lot of fun with the blood technical paint! This is another commission, which sadly means I don't get to keep him, but even as the inveterate hoarder I am, I'm finally getting used to that now! 

Anyway, that's enough for now, thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's wonderful! I hadn't seen a copy of this set for years. Nicely done, I really like the classic vibe and the whole display. A shame you don't keep it, but no one can take the pleasure of having painted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. old dwarfs are the best dwarfs! love the painting result and the blood effects! only thing that does not fit in my humble opinion is the plastic green plant.

    ReplyDelete