Wednesday 16 June 2021

Do What Thou Wilt... Perdurabo and Choronzon arrive at the Port.

Another couple of ne'er-do-wells have arrived at the Port on an unsanctioned transporter, the notorious Rogue Psyker known as Perdurabo, and his Xenos sidekick, Choronzon:

(Also, sorry for yet another long delay in updating, I've been working on commission jobs recently, and they're all fairly modern and not in keeping with the theme of the blog, so I've not bothered putting them up in here!) 

More details and photos of the models after the cut, as usual...

Anyway, on to a personal project I managed to get done in between working on other people's toy soldiers. Recently Antediluvian Miniatures released an absolutely wonderful set containing a 28mm version of Aleister Crowley and a daemonic little Imp (Available *here*). This is a pic of the original sculpts:


As you can see from a photo of the Great Beast himself, it's a good likeness, especially considering the tiny scale: 


As soon as I saw the set I decided I wanted to do a 40k version of them. In the end I bought two sets, that way I can do this conversion and still have a set for a standard Mordheim/WFB wizard for my Altheim table. 

Perdurabo is known as a Rogue Psyker throughout the less fashionable regions of the Imperium. Although his robes imply he was formerly part of the Adeptus Mechanicus, though his original name is unknown and so this could just be a ruse, and he has been known to disguise himself occasionally for years to avoid detection. His age is indeterminate, and he is believed to be the figurehead behind several cult rebellions on fringe Imperium worlds. His beliefs are largely unknown, but revolve around the belief that the Emperor is a False God and that self determination is above all things. His partner is a Xenos being of unknown origin, and known as Choronzon. Little is known about them, but it is believed they too possess psychic powers, and can add their abilities to Perdurabo's to enable him to perform incredibly powerful psychic attacks. 

Anyway, on to the models, here's the two of them together, posing in the Port's abandoned Imperial Temple: 










And individually. First up here's Perdurabo: 







Conversion-wise, Perdurabo is fairly basic; I've added a bionic eye, replaced one of his knives with a shuriken pistol, added some skulls, and fitted the banner backpack. The banner shows the Unicursal Hexagram, a symbol important to the original Crowley's Thelemic belief system. Although a powerful psychic, it never helps to have some extra firepower, and there's little stronger than the exotic and powerful shuriken catapult! 

And finally, a couple of close ups. I rarely do these as tbh my painting style is very 'Blanchistu' and gives a better impression from a slight distance, but I'm unusually happy with how he came out, particularly his face: 


Next up is Choronzon: 








As you can see, the conversion work on Choronzon is a little more in-depth. I've replaced both of his hands with a pair (and the gun) from the Necromunda Delaque kit, added a bionic eye, a brain augment with aerial, and a large backpack with some extra grenades. Again, being psychic doesn't mean that some extra firepower isn't occasionally helpful!  

Regarding the name, Choronzon was originally the name of a 16th century Daemon described by John Dee, but it was used by Crowley to be 'The Dweller in the Abyss' whose final aim was the destruction of the Ego. Hopefully, if they ever see battle in a RT game, they can help to destroy the ego of any opponent! ;) 

Anyway, back to commissions for me. It's good that people like my painting enough to actually pay me to do it, and so I've got a bit of extra income coming in, but I don't half prefer working on my own projects!

I'll try not to leave it so long next time! 





2 comments:

  1. Lovely sculpts! The blog is now truly Port IMPeriale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I saw the original sculpts and they are cool themselves, but you work here just took them to another totally different level! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete