Monday 7 September 2015

The bargains are out there... Some thoughts about eBay.



As I'm sure some of you may have gathered from this blog, I'm somewhat of a hoarder of figures, games and scenery, and so as part of this, I obsessively search eBay on pretty much a daily basis. As well as the usual stuff I'm always on the lookout for (WFB/40k Slann, RT Imperial Guard, and that bloody Eldar Trader from the Adventurers range!) *EDIT* Just realised I finally bought the Trader the other week!, I also keep an eye on the ending (non BIN) listings, for 'bargains' that are too good to resist. It was because of this I chanced across the following three listings, all from the same seller:

Bargains after the cut:


20 assorted metal RT Imperial Army figures: £21.51. Just over £1 per figure: 

1 RT Dreadnought, 11 Bullock jetbikes, and a big ol' plastic mech thingy (Anyone able to ID that?), for the frankly spectacular price of £20.99: 


Finally, the least bargainous lot, at £38 but I grabbed them as they came from the same seller, 14 assorted Imperial army figures, including the three Chainsaw Warrior models, a Trooper Gaxt, a weird-assed guy covered in wires that I recognise but can't place, and some IG heavy weapons:


 So, that's 34 figures, 11 jetbikes, 1 dreadnought and a Mech for a grand total of £80.50. Certainly beats the prices of anything you can get on the forums or the FB groups.

So yes, to anyone who says that eBay is no good for picking up cheap figures anymore, I'd suggest two things: Firstly, click the tab that says 'Auctions only' to get rid of all the crap from the BIN-wankers that spam up the listings, and secondly, keep your eyes open. Sometimes stuff just crops up that miraculously has next to no interest.

One final tip though, it's worth checking the 'newly listed' BIN listings on a sunday night, as amongst all the overpriced tat, there are occasionally some good bargains to be had from people who want a quick sale. As most people tend to list on sunday afternoon, it's the best time to look, before they go.

I'm only telling you guys this so that hopefully you'll pick up some of the figures that otherwise I'd end up buying, and so you'll save me some money! ;) Good luck!

9 comments:

  1. Shhh! don't give away too many tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive series of hauls. The jetbikes in particular were a killing. And a Gaxt, damn your eyes ;)

    It's one of the bad guy robots from the Macross anime I think, a Zentraedi battle robot or similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm trying to work out if I can turn it into some kind of Space Slann dreadnought, it's suitably alien looking, and the legs bend the correct way.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that "Mech thingy" is a Zentradi battle pod from the Robotech/Macross anime. It's been pimped up quite nicely too!

      Get haul by the way :)

      Delete
  3. The guy in cables is the LE power armour marine I suppose.
    http://solegends.com/citle1990/numbered/le10powermarine/index.htm
    Great loot anyway !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one! Knew I'd seen him somewhere, but thought he was one of the RT adventurers range.

      Delete
  4. Yup, it's the one now made by Forge World in the form of the Thallax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky bid sniper you. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete