Friday 20 February 2015

Feral Worlder WIP update.



So, here's a representative group of my Feral worlders that I've been working on. These are a real mish-mash of stuff, but mainly as follows: Perry Mahdists bodies and arms, Westwind Weird War 2 German gas mask heads, Warlord WW2 German equipment, Rogue Trader/Necromunda era weapons and with a few Vic minis bits for the officers. 


As you can see, I've got quite a few of the buggers to paint, which leads me on to a question: How would you guys suggest I paint 'em? I'm probably going to go with an African skin tone, to match the Ferals I've done already (Who I can now use as scouts.)

As there are 40 of them to paint up, I need ideas for a colour scheme that would look impressive, but be fairly quick to do. I toyed with the idea of SS oakleaf camo, as they're all wearing baggy smock-like clothing (and it would match the German kit), but that might be a bit too busy for me to do a: quickly, and b: well, so I'm appealing to the hive-mind.

Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I'd say dark clothing. Faded blacks and dark olive drabs. Go for something a bit Kurtz compound in Apocalypse Now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I like the idea, my only issue with that would be that with a dark skin tone and dark clothing, combined with my fairly dark and grungy painting style might mean they're a bit, well, dark. ;)

      Delete
  2. You could add some orange rust areas to add a bright colour. Make the epaulettes stand out. Maybe add some stippled white skeletal body paint to the dark skin. That would bring the minis back into the light a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd stick with your African skin tones, it's quite excellent. Irregardless, I'm excited to see this huge batch painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see their tunics as their tribal gear - I'd probably go for quite a strong orangey yellow, which I think would look good next to dark skin. Helmets in a mix of camo patterns as though they have been given whatever was left in the warehouse.

    ReplyDelete