Sunday 17 November 2019

A Small Waargh...

So, I've had most of these models lying around for years, some painted, some not. I decided to tidy them up and finish off a few vehicles after a friend picked up a resin not-Battlewagon for me, so here you go...


My plan for these is eventually to create a small army along the lines of 'Luggub's Drop Legion' from the Book of the Astronomican, and so I've used the models as pictured in the army list. My own personal view of Space Orks is more from this era of the RT fluff, where Orks are  space pirates, before Ansell and Stillman turned them into fart-obsessed fuckwits with stupid names like Snotglurp.

Anyway, more pics after the cut:




So, on to the models, the bulk of the army was painted quite quickly originally for a demonstration  game, so the painting's not that great, just tabletop standard. They've then been battered around for a while, so part of the work was to tidy them up, and paint the new models to match in with the old colour scheme.

Anyway, first up is the Battlewagon. Although it's not an original one (I can't afford the prices they go for!), it's quite a nice model in itself:




Rather than giving it an Ork crew, I've gone with a Grot crew, as I had a few lying around, but with space for Orks to be placed in the cargo area if needed. I quite like the way the weathering turned out.

Next up is a Dreadnought:

This is the expanded Mega-Dreadnought, unconverted, but with a banner added.

Next is a couple of warbikes:

The one on the right is standard, the left one you've seen before, it's a conversion of the LE24 Sleazy Rider model.

And now for Luggub, in Power Armour:

And Luggub's War Chief, Commissars and Discipline Masters:

A Shaman with 2 Bodyguards:

 And finally, four infantry squads:




So, there you go, another few models painted!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I definitely agree with your description of the orcs descent into stupidity. I recognize *a lot* of these figs from staring at white dwarf and book of the astronomicon in my youth. Very cool to see them (again) all painted up. They look great and should be fun to have on the table. Trouble on the horizon for the port I imagine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I think an Ork Pirate raid on the Port is well overdue!

      Delete
  2. No skool like the old skool. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking mini Warrrgh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff... I really this era of Ork figures and you have made a great looking army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I also like your pirate approach rather than later iterations of understanding Orks. Pretty nice work.

    ReplyDelete