Sunday 14 June 2020

Citadel C29 Plague Elemental

Another little (or not so little!) chaos-based palette cleanser in amongst all the Altheim work, this is a model I've had in the leadpile for about 20 years now! 


As usual, more photos after the cut...


Although he's usually referred to (and was sold as) a Plague Elemental, According to the WFRP1E bestiary that's incorrect and he's actually Mabrothrax, a solitary Greater Daemon:


And here he is in all his decayed glory:
There are some slight differences to the model, the identical rent on his side is a dead giveaway that either the model was based on the art, or the art on the model. I'd be interested to know which way round it was! 

Anyway, back to the model. I had great fun with this guy, as he's almost entirely done in the new contrast paints, I've been experimenting with layering them for different effects, and I think it came out quite well!










Even though he's physically a very 2-dimensional model, he's still a really nicely sculpted model (but then he would be, he's a Nick Bibby sculpt!), the diseased skin textures were particularly fun to paint. Because I'll be using him in my eventual Nurgle army, I've also given him a Nurgling helper to help him out! 

Anyway, there you go, another long-term leadpile inhabitant out onto the table! 






3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! This guy is one of my personal favourites too. He seems like he was a perfect choice for contrast paints as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't know of this one, it's creepy as hell, fantastic paintjob. It has a very particular charm, even being as 2D as you say. I love it.

    ReplyDelete