Tuesday 26 April 2016

Altheim invaded...

Another small update today, but as I've started on my undead army, I thought I'd put up a few of the undead I've just painted up.

 The Altheim Militia face off against their resurrected former comrades.

More after the cut...



As I'm basing most of my games around my Altheim background, I decided to make my undead themed to fit in. As such, I've painted them up in the same blue and yellow uniforms of the Altheim Militia.

The undead on the march


 and again.

Figure-wise they're old citadel zombies, part of a rather large undead force I've been collecting for a very long time now! They're fantastic models to paint, very easy and look great.

I've also recently painted one of my Altheim characters, a merchant:


He's a more recent Citadel model, but he fits in perfectly with the older models, and unusually for recent GW stuff he's not covered in skulls or even armed!

Anyway, back to painting zombies for me!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Love the use of the same uniform colours; helps create the world and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That building looks like what I think of as 'the skaven arch' from ravening hordes. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, they look great. Very nice creepy touch giving them the same uniform as the Milita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work! The terror of the local militia having to square off against former comrades risen from the grave.

    And I really love the painted backdrop, it sets the scene wonderfully. I really need to get around to making one myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete