Thursday 19 June 2014

Birthday Awesomeness....

Not a huge amount to report at the moment, I seem to be suffering from a case of "painter's block" and everything I try to paint looks like crap, so I'm having a bit of a rest for a few weeks until I get my mojo back.

However, it was recently my birthday, and my girlfriend, and a group of my closest friends clubbed together to get me this bad boy:





It's actually in immaculate, never painted condition, still in the original box, and even includes the instructions and paper wing template:


In fact, it's still even got the flash on it! As I'm sure every one who's reading this will know, it's the Citadel Great Spined Dragon, sculpted by the inimitable Nick Bibby, who's since gone on to *much* larger things! This was, is and probably always be my favourite dragon model of all time, the posing, and facial expression just scream 'dragon' at me, more than any other one I've ever seen.

As it was, I've been after one of these since it was released, all the way back in 1984. Strangely, I never got around to picking one up when I was a GW drone, so it's nice to finally get one all of my own!

The next stage is to actually work out a colour scheme and start the somewhat intimidating task of building and painting it!

2 comments:

  1. Well that says a lot about your friends an dprobably about yourslef too) to receive such a present !

    No doubt you'll make a good use of it. I would be terrified at the idea of starting on this big baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember that feeling well. The sheer size of the dragon, not to mention the amount of detail, certainly put the willys up me when I began mine. One tip on colour schemes would be to consult reference material about lizards and the like. This really helped me with mine.

    Enjoy it, Evo. No other large dragon will ever come close!

    ReplyDelete