Friday 23 May 2014

How to ruin a perfectly good £50 kit in one easy lesson. (WIP)

or, 'Oops, I got distracted again'...


Suffering as I do with the wargamer's equivalent of ADHD, I wasn't content with just getting on with my PDF/IG army, so I fancied building/converting something.

I decided in the end to make a start on another space freighter for Port Imperiale. Long story short, I had a spare Stormraven knocking around, from my currently postponed Space Marine army, and having seen one too many episodes of 'Space 1999', I wanted to make an Eagle Transporter style ship to carry for the Sarissa Containers I picked up a while ago.

After cutting the Stormraven in half, I used a few spare Necromunda bulkheads as spacers, along with a few extra detailing parts to hide the chop. I was never that keen on the original 'dumpy' Stormraven, and actually think the proportions look a lot better when it's elongated. I also left most of the weapons off, as y'know, it's a transporter, not a shooty war-wagon.

It's not finished yet, the next problem to solve is how to make the container easily removable, and add some more details, then it's a paint job for it and the crew, which are from the excellent http://www.fouraminiatures.com/

More pics as and when I get it finished!

2 comments:

  1. Magnets should do the job. Lovely way to improve a kit I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great improvement on the original kit. It would further be improved by some tilting engines on the front half, maybe the ones off of the Space marine fighter? I have seen them on ebay, so you could get them that way...

    ReplyDelete