Friday 11 November 2016

A short update: Some good news!

So, just a little update, but one that made me very happy recently, especially as I'm still struggling a bit with my recovery.

Another member of the Oldhammer community (Thanks Matte!) sent over some pics of my craft to Forgeworld HQ to show them what can be made out of FW bits. They were so impressed they asked me to get in touch with them to show their appreciation, which I did, and they UPS'd me over a Captain for it the very next day!

So here he is:

All shiny and boxed up! 

He's a limited edition Knight Scion, Standing. Only available if I remember correctly, if you pre-ordered one of the Forge World Knights and now long unavailable.

And just to prove I'm not totally ungrateful and chuck him on eBay for a quick profit, I've taken him out and given him a quick soap wash already, and about to give him an undercoat: 


He's a lovely figure, and will make a great Captain for the Pride of Jamakeer, I just need to work out how to fit the Red Star Lines' colour scheme into his uniform.

So yeah, thanks Forge World, you've really surprised me with your generosity, and cheered me up after a week or so of shitty news and events!

7 comments:

  1. Now that's a spicy meatball!

    A well deserved gift for an incredibly cool creation...painted great as well man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised. The way you take bits and models from different sources and combine them to create characterful pieces is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your creativity being rewarded. Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your creativity being rewarded. Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see that even GW appricates good craftmanship :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've earnt it, no question. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't hear about this, nice one!

    ReplyDelete