Sunday 8 January 2017

Abhumans! Penal Beastman Squad


Another quick post, but I finished these off recently after having them sat unpainted for far too long on a shelf, and thought you might enjoy seeing them. They're a squad of Penal Beastmen, part of my RT Planetary Defence Force. Armed with shotguns and plasma weapons, these guys are designed to charge at the enemy and take them out at close quarters, with no thought to their own safety.

More details after the cut...






This is the squad leader, who is one of the original two Rogue Trader Imperial Guard beastmen models. All the other models are made up of parts from the ever amazing Victoria Miniatures, based on GW Tau legs. Paintwise, I've gone with a prison-style orange jumpsuit, or the remains of it, at least.


I'm quite pleased with the results, and so I've now got another two 5-man squads of these guys to paint up in the same colours, to give my PDF a close-combat punch.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice mate, I'm a big fan of Vic minis, and Beastmen rock - they look great on Tau legs! I wouldn't have thought of doing that :-) Tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. The combination of bits work really well, and they fit seamlessly with the original RT model. I'm sure they'll be fun to use on the table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite good figures, and the prison orange is perfect for such dubious "help".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see some loyalist mutants getting time on the paint table. Very nice work and I really like the Tau legs idea - when I made my own out of fantasy Gor and IG Catachan parts it was a really tough effort to get them to look right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was hovering on what legs to use, but thought the armour plates on the Tau legs looked a bit more suitable than the plastic Gor legs for RT models.

      Delete
  5. Hey, that's an interesting combination of pieces! I love how they look, cool results!

    ReplyDelete