Monday 11 May 2020

...And a slightly less quick Khornate Warband!

So, while I was working on the Slaanesh warband, I decided to do one for each of the 4 chaos powers in between working on the Altheim table, and I've managed to get the Khorne one well on it's way..



more photos, as usual, after the cut...




So, to start with, there's my warband leader, mounted on a Juggernaut:







He's a big bugger, and has the chaos reward of the Mark of Khorne, giving him a rather impressive set of Khornate horns, and the attributes of an additional eye, a beweaponed extremity, and obviously, wings. I've also given him a little helper to carry his daemonic sword while he uses his axe.

Next up are a selection of champions, again, with helpers:



These are both conversions to make them hooded, which makes them more sinister to my eyes.

Next is the classic champion, Slambo:


To go with Slambo are a unit of chaos warriors:






These are all just standard Chaos warriors, although a couple have been converted. As this is meant to be a fairly 'quick' project, the paint jobs are pretty basic, as far as they go. I've used all my painting shortcuts to get them up to an acceptable level as quickly as possible.

After the warriors, the Daemons start to appear, firstly the Bloodletters:



Again, a unit of eight, Khorne's chosen number. These are some of GW's weirdest models from the era, absolutely batshit, with anatomy all over the place, and pretty much impossible to rank up in a unit. Still, I like the way they look, and they were fun to paint.

Finally, the heavy gun, a Greater Daemon of Khorne, the Bloodthirster:





Not the scariest looking model, you have to agree, but back in the day this thing was both huge and almost unstoppable on the table!

Anyway, there you go, another small warband. Up next, eventually will be Nurgle, which, to be honest is by far my favourite chaos power!

As well as this, I've been plugging away at the roads on the Altheim table, and as you can see, I've got about half way through:


It's slow going, but hopefully it'll be worth it, eventually!



5 comments:

  1. Sooo good to see those old khornate figs painted up. I remember my highschool buddy busting them out in a lot of games to carve up my tyranids. You board looks intimidating like a picture of a 10,000 piece puzzle. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those old bloodletters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Khornate force! I like the clever little touches the most - the hood on the Eldar Warlock to turn him into a sinister champion, the little familiar carrying your warlord's massive sword! Those kind of tweaks really add a lot of interest and personality to the warband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even recognize the warlock until you mentioned it. The hood is very well done.

      Delete
  4. Lovely paint jobs. Looking forward to seeing the Altheim table progress.

    ReplyDelete