Friday 7 October 2016

Space Slann: Reinforcements!


Here's another quick photo update, showing a few more odds and sods I've done for my Space Slann army, (Main post *here*) consisting of an Orbital Transport, a heavy weapon and a crewmember.

More after the cut...




A Slann diplomatic party emerges from it's landing craft. 

So, first up is their spacecraft. This is a small sub-warp shuttle craft allowing diplomatic or small combat parties to travel from their main craft down to the surface. 


 Top view


Paintwise, this was an experiment with using blu-tak for masking, and also spraying a Citadel wash on to the entire surface, which give an interesting 'mottled' effect that I'm particularly happy with.

The ancient Slann pilot, in his enviro-bubble. 

Built into the model is the pilot, an ancient Slann navigator who is permanently entombed into the craft, becoming a part of the ship's systems. The model itself is the old Lord Kroak figure, minus his throne. There's also a flickering LED light in there that illuminates him, but that doesn't show very well.

On the subject of Lord Kroak's throne, here it is, in glorious rotati-vision:







I decided that my Slann needed some heavy artillery, so I knocked this up using a second Lord Kroak model I had knocking around, along with some plastic weapons. The crewmember is one from the excellent Diehard Miniatures Kickstarter from a few months ago.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed, seriously. The saucer is more than nice, I'd say it's a total win, I love every bit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work all around, but I particularly like the use of the icons over the shell ejection port on the assault cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the old spraying washes trick hey? Nice to see an example Diesel :)

    I like the new mini too, looks like a great cross between a Predator and a Slann.

    Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is really great. Big fan of the space slanns! /Hans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool mate - where does the saucer come from? I love it! Great idea to entomb the pilot in there, and I love the gun platform too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Ufo is an 'Area 51 UFO' made by Pegasus Hobbies, that I picked up on eBay.

      Delete