Wednesday 12 October 2016

Tanglegenes's Little Helper...

So, here's another couple of models I finished a while ago but haven't really photographed properly yet...
Tanglegenes and his (not so) little helper...

Tanglegenes, the renegade Mechanicus Scientist has been pictured briefly in previous posts, but, as befits his mysterious reputation, he was usually in the distance, or in imperfect light conditions. Now here are a couple of better shots...

More after the cut...


Front view

Alongside Tanglegenes is his demilitarised Imperial Battle Robot that he's repurposed as a demolition bot, and now known as his Junior Construction 'Bot. (JCB for short...)

Rear view

The Robot was a private commission piece that I picked up when I was involved in the Oldhammer Facebook groups, and I don't think it's available any longer. It's based on this piece of artwork in the original Rogue Trader rulebook: 

'Imperial Battle Robot' RT Rulebook,  p.42

It's a really nice model (I picked up a couple), but this particular one has been demilitarised by removing the head antennae and shoulder mounted weapons. I've gone overboard with the weathering on this one, as I wanted it to look like it really has been through the wars and out the other side. Nowadays he's used by Tanglegenes to head out into the wastes and dismantle crashed ships for spare parts


Anyway, here are a few more shots, showing assorted angles. 

Front View

Side view

Rear view

In other news, my healing is going well, if slowly. I've started working on models again, but can't paint much as my arm is still quite weak, and I'm shaking too much to do any real detail work.

I have, however, been working on printing off my own transfers, and so far, it seems to be going well! Expect another blog post in the near future when I've got more to show for it, but in the mean time, This is the first model I've done using them, a hover cab:

Are you talkin' to me? 

Meet Travis. Travis drives a hovercab in the mean streets of Port Imperiale, and he gets *really* angry when people book a cab and don't show up. The model is an old 'New York Taxi' picked up from a  Poundshop, but with the wheels replaced with jet turbines I had in the bits box. The chequered stripe and 'Hover Cabs' logo are both home-printed transfers, and they've worked really rather well, or at least I think so, anyway!

Until next time!

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving tanglegenes. He such a lovely little conversion. I've got a knackered one sitting around and now I have to avoid copying you! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's probably one of my favourite conversions ever, which is saying quite a lot after over 30 years of hacking up models! The Mechanicus plastics are just fantastic for conversion.

      Delete
  2. Tanglegenes looks very good. Not over the top mechanicum as official figs would present, but enough that he's obviously a tinkerer/engineer of some sort.

    The robot though is.... amazing. I always loved that illustration - you are very lucky to have a model matching it.

    The taxi was a great find and looks fab. The fellow withe the eldar chainsword... He used to be a Norse berserker at one time I believe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is all just brilliant mate - love Tanglegenes, love that robot (must now paint mine!), and that taxi & driver is fantastic. Nicely done with the transfers! Hope that arm continues to improve mate, looking forward to seeing more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff all round. Damn I wish I had picked that robot back then...
    It's a fantastic and coherent setting you're building up here. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second that on not getting that bot too!

    Love your work Diesel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, so sweet! I love what you got here. I got late to the robot issue, so I'm double jealous! :D Great work on all the minis, seriously. Glad to hear you're getting better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking pair! Tanglegenes is just a cracking conversion based on a wonderful Jes Goodwin sculpt. The weathering on the bot is very tasty too!

    ReplyDelete